Research & Publications
FGCZ-own research activities serve to further develop analytical technologies and methods that have the potential for broad application to the local community research in the future.
A comprehensive list of collaborating institutions nationally and internationally in research and core facility networks can be found in the annual reports of the FGCZ for the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich
Apart from publicly funded research activities, the FGCZ carries out contract research and research collaborations with governmental agencies and industrial partners.
In addition to these third-party funded activities that are based on national and international collaborations, the FGCZ also drives method development efforts. Both activities are targeted at developing new and improved workflows for use in life science research across the FGCZ user community.
Currently Active Projects:
- Modelling toxic responses in case studies for predictive human safety assessment (HeCaToS)
- Genetic Enhancement & Bioavailability of Finger Millet
- Access to Proteomics Infrastructures in Europe (PRIME-XS)
- Excellence alliance of life science core facilities in Europe (Core4Life)
- Highly sensitive, non-invasive detection of colorectal cancer mutations using single molecule, third generation sequencing
FGCZ internal Method and Tool Development: